[csmith-dev] int8_t usage

Hi,

I am testing an architecture whose register size is 16. Therefore, we can't represent 8bits and we don't have an int8_t. According to the stdint.h reference an int8_t should represent _exactly_ 8 bits. However, if it is the case that at least 8 bits should be represented then int_least8_t should be used.

My question is as follows, does CSmith require variables whose value is exactly 8bits when it uses int8_t? If not can you please move to int_least8_t? If you really require in some situations int8_t, can you please have an option to disable variables of this type?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog