Re: [csmith-dev] Some random questions

Struct depths  provide statistics on how many variables in the random program are structs. If a variable is not struct type, the depth is 0; if it is  “plain” struct type(none of the fields is struct), the depth is 1; if it is nested struct type, the depth is 2 or more.

_expression_ depth is a way we track the complexity of expressions, i.e., number of sub-expressions. Unfortunately those numbers are unreliable due to a bug in Csmith. We’ll fix this problem in a later release.

-Xuejun

4. I'm not able to understand some of the statistics generated at the end of each test case. i.e.
        XXX max struct depth: 1
       breakdown:
       depth: 0, occurrence: 412
       depth: 1, occurrence: 37

       XXX max _expression_ depth: 2
       breakdown:
       depth: 0, occurrence: 417
       depth: 1, occurrence: 35
       depth: 2, occurrence: 2

     etc

Please correct me if i'm wrong anywhere. Also please let me know if i'm not clear enough.

Thanks
Vikram