Re: [creduce-dev] libedit-dev not listed in INSTALL file

Markus Trippelsdorf <markus@trippelsdorf.de> writes:

> The output of "llvm-config --system-libs" will tell.
> On my machine there is no libedit dependency:
>
>  % llvm-config --system-libs
>  -lrt -ldl -lcurses -latomic -lpthread -lz
>
> But I usually build the X86 LLVM target only. I guess the Ubuntu package
> has a lot more targets enabled.

FWIW, I was guessing that the dependency on libedit was related to LLDB in some
way, but I haven't yet dug into this at all.

(In a previous life of mine, when GNOME was young, I wanted to build GNOME's
IDL compiler.  I couldn't do that without installing all of GNOME in its GUI
glory.)

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX