Re: [creduce-dev] C-Reduce Release

You're right, I dropped these. I'm about to leave for a trip so I'm not sure now is the time though.

John

On 05/29/2014 01:57 AM, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
On 2014.05.28 at 07:30 -0600, Eric Eide wrote:
A while ago I volunteered to roll a new C-Reduce release.  Well, the time has
come for me to do it.

I will check my to-do's, but a quick glance doesn't show any serious pending
changes that I know about.  So my plan will be just to do a documentation and
packaging review, make sure that it builds and runs on an ad hoc variety of
machines, and then stamp a release.

Let me know.

There are two issues, that I would like to be fixed.

1) Delete garbage on exit. John said he would look into this, quote:
   - create a directory under /tmp when C-Reduce starts up
   - set a couple of common environment variables such as TMP and TMPDIR
     to point to this dir, hoping that all of the tools we care about
     will respect one of these
   - nuke this dir upon exit

2) Abort when the size of a testcase reaches 0 bytes.
    This can happen when reducing big -flto testcases with multiple
    preprocessed input files. Right now creduce keeps creating new files
    in /tmp in a tight loop until one hits Ctrl-c.

Thanks.