Re: who's the new BYB? And Announcement

Good Morning Gang,

All very good observations!  You all pass with A+!!!  I was originally sent
the site by some one who was looking for a puppy, but said he could not
wait until the first of the year.  He had to have a puppy NOW.  I went to
the site and wrote him back but never heard another word so he probably
bought into this.  Friday night I received a call from an nice gal that
wanted to know what I knew about this kennel, so I gave her my list of what
I felt was wrong here and gave her some more tools to work with and a
referral to WA state referral.  She too would like to find a pup sooner
than the first of the year, but if necessary she would wait.   When this
gal called out to the kennel she said she did not get any education, just
how much and that there were pup's avail. but for how long the owner did
not know.  Pressure sales tactics.  I spent probably an hour on the phone
with the caller explaining breed characteristics and helping her problem
solve how to deal with a work schedule and a puppy.  This gal is 31 just
moving into her first home, is single, is unemployed right now due to a
company closure which afforded her a nice severance package that provided
enough funds for the down payment and a three month cushion before she
needs to return to the work force, but she was not sure if the breed would
suit her lifestyle.  It would be a great time for her to bring in a puppy
in some respects but I also addressed my concerns to her about how busy she
will be with the purchase of the home, moving, fixing things, getting
things ready for a puppy, ect.  She has never had a dog of her own as an
adult.  I got a note from her Saturday morning that perhaps I was right and
that waiting till January would be best.  Sent her a referral to Judy.

So anyway you guys are all great, and I am very proud to be your mentor
here And Candy Nee of the "real" Forever Goldens who lives in the mid west
will be glad to hear that she has extra support out here where some one has
not only taken her kennel name but...  I am going to send on your replies
to Candy who is recovering from a broken back right now.  Will delete names
and addresses... Will copy the list on any reply...

OK the Announcement:

SeaJay is going to be a father again!!!!  No not to a Brier dog either.
<smile>  Judy has chose to breed him to her Phoenix, go take a look at the
page I built for the dogs.  I am very proud and very excited to have these
two pedigrees blended!!!!  It's going to be a big deal for me!!!  I have
not been on this end of things for a very long time like 7 years.  I did
have a stud dog years ago.  "Striker" long story.

http://www.briergoldens.com/phoenix_to_seajay.htm

Also a second litter in the works at Timberline: We are still working on
this page...

http://www.briergoldens.com/rolex_lacey.htm

AND:

Scarlette is in season and is as well being bred to Rolex.  Some of you may
remember that we tried this earlier this spring...  Also that SeaJay's
sister Rainee was bred to Rolex which gives us some idea of what to
expect...  EXCITED here?  YOU BET!!!

AND:  The hormones are really flying at Brier with Scarlette, Twister and
now TRiX all in season, with DiTTo expected in anytime by her loss of brain
cells and her actions.

Best,

Gina