Subj: World Trade Center Update - Rumor Correction & More News
Date: 09/19/2001 1:49:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: info@aspca.org

This has been provided by the ASPCA, National Shelter Outreach.
There are some serious false rumors actively being passed around
regarding the Center for Animal Care and Control in New York City. They
are NOT being bombarded with animal relinquishments due to people
"leaving the NYC area" and WTC disaster situations.
In FACT, CACC adoptions are UP and animal relinquishments are DOWN! The
reason that there are cars double-parked at their 110th Street facility
is because their administrative offices are closed and they have extra
staff and volunteers at that facility.

CACC, like the ASPCA, has established a Disaster Relief Fund.
Interested parties can send donations to:

CACC Disaster Relief Fund:
Relief Fund
2336 Linden Blvd.
Brooklyn, NY 11208