Biting

Hi Karin,

Regarding biting.  Tell her "no" in a firm voice.  I also say "ouch" and really draw out the ouch and take my hands away.  If she persists even after I've offered her a toy or chewie, I end the game and walk away.  You also might have to try to learn how to do a "motherly" growl at her like her Mom would have done.  Give her a firm "erhhh" in a short half growl voice.  Sometimes you have to experiment with the pitch and tone of your voice.  Sometimes it works with Dollar and sometimes not.  Also sometimes I have to put my hands over her muzzle and tell her "no" until she stops.  Always praise the pup for stopping immediately.

Joan Koptis
Rancho Mirage, California