Re: ....Questions.....

Thanks so much for responding to my questions!  I really appreciate it and believe me there will be more....  Okay Ilene, you got me on the guilt....I try not to compensate by spoiling, but it does create a lot of angst for me.  So the responses have given me a boost to start working on it before I bring the puppy home.  I just got the name of a dog walker from my vet and I'm going to check out 2 doggie day care places.  I'm also checking into bringing the pup to work - but that feels like a long shot.  If anyone has been successful changing a "no dog policy" at work let me know.  Thanks for the tip on exercise pens(can't overcome all guilt right away).  Even with a dog walker, we're talking 4-5 hours in a crate.  This seems a bit long except at night.  Am I realistic or is this guilt speaking??  Okay a question for night time crating.  While the pup is young should I set an alarm to wake up in the night to take her out?  I keep reading that you shouldn't take the pup out when she's crying - it teaches her cry = out.  But how do you know if it's an I gotta pee cry or an I want out cry?  Hope my questions don't seem to dumb - actually I've learned it's ok to appear dumb.  I just don't want my questions to become annoying...  Anyway I'm so glad to have the experience and support of the Brier family.
Thanks
Peggy