RE: the Straight Poop

It really is terrible that so many people use chemicals on their lawns as it ends up affecting all of us--humans, Goldens, and wildlife--when it all gets washed into the waterways.

Nothing wrong with some nice dandelions.  Bunnies love them.  My grandmother in Slovakia even makes soup out of dandelions.  I definitely urge everyone to not use chemicals.  If you want natural ways to maintain a nice lawn and garden, check out our web site at http://www.nwf.org/habitats/  to create a natural backyard wildlife habitat.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu [mailto:owner-brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu]On Behalf Of Gina Heitz
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 9:54 AM
To: brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu
Subject: the Straight Poop

Hey Guys,

I subscribe to a weekly on line listing that is called the Straight Poop and these are things from this weeks post that I found interesting:

The Straight Poop FEATURED WEB SITE
I've heard rumors over the years that the chemicals we put on our lawns are very dangerous to us, to our children, and, particularly, to our pets. The other day, Nonna and I were out walking with Katie, and as we passed a neighbor's lawn I noticed that although it was neat and well trimmed, it had many tell-tale signs of dandelions. I said, "They don't take very good care of their lawn," to which Nonna replied, wisely as always, "When I was a girl, where I come from we used to love to see all the beautiful yellow flowers." Have we listened too well to the chemical company brainwashing and gotten our priorities mixed up?
Take a look at "Poison in the Grass: The Hazards and Consequences of Lawn Pesticides," by Nathan Diegelman of the S.T.A.T.E. Foundation, brought to us by Chem-Tox.
Link: <http://www.chem-tox.com/pesticides/pesticidereport.htm>
AOL: <a href=""http://www.chem-tox.com/pesticides/pesticidereport.htm">Fetch Link</a>

The Straight Poop about DOG HEALTH
Be prepared, we used to say in our scouting days. And being prepared could not be more important for that unexpected moment when Fido hurts herself. Here's a basic canine first aid kit, courtesy of The Golden Retriever Club of Illinois.
Link: <http://www.mcs.net/~grci/firstaid.html>
AOL: <a href=""http://www.mcs.net/~grci/firstaid.html">Fetch Link</a>

Another interesting ad
The Straight Poop Recommends SitStay.com
SitStay.com is not just another everyday online pet supply store. They sell unusual, interesting items, at bargain prices. Go spend a few minutes there and browse around. There's a pretty good chance you'll find something you can use and enjoy, at an affordable price.
Link: <http://www.doggies.com/sitstay.html>
AOL: <a href=""http://www.doggies.com/sitstay.html">Fetch Link</a>

SUBSCRIBE:
<http://www.straight-poop.com/subscribe.html>