Re: Kibble feeding Questions

Ilene Cook wrote:

> > Well, depends who feeds them. Me, I give Torrey about 3 cups a day, and
> > Missy about 5 cups a day. Renee gives them about 1/2 that. Don't panic,
> > Renee feeds them 90% of the time! :-)
>
> Ya know, not to put a damper on this subject, but being a tragedy just
> happened to my sister, I want to share about feeding large amounts of
> kibble at any given time.
> My sisters German Shepherd bloated, and died.

Thank you Ilene for pointing out a very real problem that I did know
about.  I just wanted to reassure everyone that Torrey and Maple are
not eating that much and they do get the food divided into two meals.
Thus, they are not going to explode any time soon, but Leigh might if
he's not careful with flippent answers (VBG).
	In the morning, Torrey gets 1 C and Maple gets about 1.5C with some
cottage cheese or an egg, and fish oil.  In the evening, Torrey gets
0.5 C with 1 C of Steves Real food, and Maple get's about 1 C of
each.  I also add some more veggies and more fish oil.   Maple now
weighs 60 lbs and Torrey weighs 70.   I monitor their weight and
waists as Gina suggested, and adjust food if I see them drifting from
my ideal.

--
J. Renee Brooks
U.S. EPA                          (541) 754-4684 (Office)