Rosie update & thoughts

Hi All,

As you all know there is a dog "Rosie" who has found herself in a bit of a
bind, last Monday her human passed on.  Rosie is safe and sound here at
Brier and a group of volunteers working under the name of: GRRescue101 are
working to get Rosie a flight or a road trip to her new home with Teri in
upstate New York.  Rosie is not really a "rescue" so to speak but she is
based on the fact that her owner is unable to care for her and she is
temporarily in our care.  This is one aspect of rescue that is often not
talked about.  This brings to mind the need to make previsions for our
animals in the event of our untimely demise.  Peg did and in Peg's memory
or to serve as her legacy which ever is appropriate, words are escaping me
here, her example of responsible dog ownership...  I think it's an
important thing to note to all of you:

While we, George and I would never turn away any dog, least of all any of
yours this should serve as a wake up to us all.  We each need to put in
place emergency plans for our pooches and other beloved pets, if we have
not.   It's my suggestion to each of you to consult with family and or
friends on this and to put something down in writing as to the disposition
you choose for your pets.  As well perhaps put aside some funds in the
event that travel might become necessary.  I would be more than happy to
keep on file with each of your's records a copy of your bequest and would
unconditionally respect your privacy and defend your decisions in the event
that it require defending or to act as a responsible mediator in the event
that became necessary.

Onto Rosie:

Rosie is sweet, has not looked back, is not displaying any sense of loss,
or confusion as some might think she would.  Dog's rarely look back but
move forward without much trauma, unlike us humans if they are sound and
Rosie is surely sound... :-)  She was a real live wire when she first got
here, but after a day of running her sox off so to speak and having other
canines to play with she has really calmed down.  She is worming her way
into our hearts, no surprise there eh?

Best to you all,

Gina