Re: Scully!

IIene,

This is great!  Fantastic!!  Happy Birthday Brianne!  Did you forget to
mention IIene that it was Brianne's Birthday? :-))

Now a bit of a clarification... I did encourage IIene to go, I did tell her
she would go to group, but I don't get credit for any more than offering an
explanation really... As the story goes:  IIene mentioned to me in passing
that she was not going to go on her Canadian trip since Skully was the only
golden entered. If you are the only dog of your breed, you can not defeat
any one, no points, so her thinking was no points, why waste the money on
the trip.  What she forgot was that while the judge doesn't have to award
Best of Breed it's rare that a judge would with hold the placement.  Also
in CKC if you go breed you must go onto group or you are stripped of your
points earned at breed level, therefore in the other breeds where there was
competition the exhibitors were compelled to go to the group or be stripped
of the points.  Well we all know Skully is not average bow wow. What judge
would withhold ribbons on our Skully???  So she was a shoe in so to speak
for the group.  However,,, this is where the competition really get's
stiff, a at the group level. This is a whole different ball game... You are
competing with the best of breed winners from all the sporting breeds
entered in the show.  All the Pro handlers, and some of the dogs are
finished champions working toward breed standings.  So just because there
were no class dogs does not make these WINS any less worthy in my
opinion...  That's right IIene, Skully is a Group Winning dog!  I had made
a comment to some one last week that SeaJay was a group placing dog, I was
corrected:  Group 1 goes to play in BIS, and only group WINNERS go to play
in BIS.  Sometime's it fun to be corrected! <LOL>

I am sure that Brianne and Skully showed their little hearts out for the
breed judge and the judge was proud to send team Asoro's to the
group.  Again Brianne, Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your first
Canadian Conformation Champion of Record!  What a way to spend your 18th BD!

Oh and IIene, if you insist on owing me that's great, I will just put it in
the trade bank, so to speak!

Gina