Genetic problems

Hi everyone,
	I wanted to share with you one other genetic problem we've been
dealing with for a while.  We noticed our Torrey was running slightly
off and took him in for evaluations.  Torrey has mild and moderate
dysplastic hips; I've included the photo so you can compare it to the
trix photo that Gina sent out.  You can also note that our vet did not
place Torrey as well for the x-ray so he is off center.  We are
controlling his dysplasia now with meds, diet and exersize and he
seems to be doing quite well.  We will continue to evaluate his
condition for a while before we make any decisions about surgery.
	We don't know about Torrey's breeder, but as Gina pointed out in her
message about Boomer, these things can happen with the most careful of
breeding practices.  Good breeders need more information to make
better decisions.  Gina, feel free to add anything you like about
this.

Renee

--
J. Renee Brooks
U.S. EPA                          (541) 754-4684 (Office)

JPEG image