Re: New puppies go look!

At 02:56 PM 4/16/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I've never seen a harrier before.  Thanks for sharing, Ellen and
>Gina.

Linda,

I sent your message onto Ellen to answer, as she was only copied on my post
she is not on the list per say only if she is cced {as I did here] and
hit's reply all.  But here is my brief:

Tell us a little bit more about harriers....are they a sporting
breed like goldens?

They are a medium sized sporting dog ie a hunting dog but not a member of
the "Sporting Group".  They are in the "Hound Group".  They hunt hare and
rabbit, sometimes fox. In a pack they accompany their huntsman who is on
horse back and when they descend on their prey they must give voice, sing
{howl}. They are a fairly rare breed but an old breed.  In England, their
home of origin, they live in true packs and are only owned by huntsmen.  In
England Harriers are not sold but given as gifts.  Oh and they eat BARF, as
do Ellen's hounds.

What colorations do they come in?

Tri colored: Folly is an open marked tri as in her white separates the
brown and the black.  Red and white and Lemon and white.  This litter is 3
tri's and 3 red and whites.  What is interesting is that these puppies were
born via c section and the three tri' were in one horn and the three red
and whites were in the other, someone forgot to add toner. :-)

I will let Ellen take it form here...  Corrections Ellen???