Re: Canine Good Citizen

>The CGC test evaluates your dog's good manners.  It is not
>formal obedience.  Dogs may heel on either side of you within
>the length of their leash.  They are not expected to do precision
>sits or fronts.
>
>Basically, your dog must not jump on, bite, or bark while in the test.
>Otherwise, it's a fairly lenient test.
>

>For more information, see:
>
>http://www.akc.org/love/cgc/index.cfm
Thank You Linda,

I would like to add that I totally agree that every dog should be able to
obtain a CGC.  Several on this list are old enough to obtain this now and
by July even the One litter will be old enough.

So here is a challenge:  How about we all set goals to do this and get
together in say July one weekend and in September one weekend and hold a
test!  I will get the materials from AKC  and find a few volunteers to help
as well as we can utilize other Brier family members as volunteers.

For those of you who have offered to help with rescue, here is your
chance:  We will charge a nominal fee to test and the proceeds will go to
rescue.

We could hold this test say over at the coast have a pot luck and spend the
day just enjoying the sun and golden fun.

Gina :-)