Hunter's boys weekend

Well, they survived and had a great time!!!  Hunter had lots of bird time this weekend.  He would not flush, but did excellent at bringing them back, which is what we are aiming for.  We have bullet our friends dog (some obnoxiosly hyper flusher)  I don't know what he is, but bullet is a perfect name for him. blink and you will miss him.  Not to many birds, but they were more in it for the training.  Shaun said Hunter never wandered off, stayed right with him and followed all commands given with gusto!!!

I guess the hotel was quite the flea bag place and was glad to hear Hunter is on his Frontline year round.  He said the carpet was so grungie that he let Hunter sleep on the bed with him because the carpet was to gross for a dog to sleep on.  Hunter hogged the bed, but thought he was king for a day to have the privilage of sleeping on the bed.

He came home a bird and burr boy!!!!  Nasty burrs that were 1-2 inches long.  It took me 4 hours to get them out, bathe and blow him dry.  He was looking so handsome, then he went outside and rolled in Elk doo.  He slept on the deck, because I was to tired to scrub him again.  He is clean again for now.

Other than that, he had a great time, I think he is doing well in his training, we need to work on some things, but Shaun was impressed once again at how well he is doing for only 11 months old.  He can be focused and well behaved when he wants to, but unless you have a shot gun or a bowl of food in your hand he is a goofy creature.  He can officially jump straight into the air as tall as me and can walk on his hind legs for about 10 feet.  Pretty cool guy.

Talk with you all soon
Carol