The High of Rescue/read/share-pls...

The High of Rescue on a personal level:

I am not telling this story to put feathers in my cap but more to inspire and motivate others who might think they are not able to help rescue dogs in a way that can significantly makes an impact but would like to. Please cross post this to any and all you choose to!

Last week a plea came across W_G from Rescue A Golden of Arizona  http://www.golden-retriever.org for help nation wide to find homes for some very deserving dogs, RAG is busting at the seams right now.

I simply copy pasted the original note to a new message and sent out a mass mailing to my entire personal address book, a few little clicks and shortly there after offers of adoption were coming in.  One person who has a dog from me has been approved and is making arrangements to fly the dog from AZ to AK.  Another who is getting a puppy from my current litter is as well hopeful their application will be approved, and via others sending along my posting additional applications are in progress to relocate dogs from AZ to OR.  So simply really all I did here was click away at my keyboard, something I do every day and Wa La the rest is history...

Also on this note:  If anyone might be traveling via air or car from the Phoenix AZ area to Portland OR.  and they could supervise a dog please contact Joyce at RAG >JOYCE15448@aol.com< we would like to set up a CUR for at least two dogs.

A special note on this, several years ago, RAG was gracious enough to take several puppies (part of a litter) that a show breeder was not able to place nor was the rescue here in Oregon able to find homes for (all of their applications were for adult dogs) RAG, however did successfully place them in forever homes. It would be really nice if those of us in Oregon could make an extra special effort to assist here and now when RAG really needs the help.

Thanks,

Gina
gina@briergoldens.com