Re: [Testbed-admins] upgrade confusion

> * I am not sure whether i still need to follow the various items
>   in doc/UPDATING after the upgrade.  Guessing, i decided to try
>   the ones that appeared to still need doing.

Yes, although the top five do not need to be run anymore. I need to
update the UPDATING file, since those 5 entries are now scripted in
the new testbed updating system.

> * One of those items (dated 20091030) suggests updating to the
>   extended SSL certificate form to add URNs by doing:
>> cd /path/to/obj/ssl
>> gmake
>> sudo gmake install-conf
>   When i try this, it errors out with:
> gmake: *** [server.pem] Error 1

Yep, that is a problem. We are discussing this internally. In the
meantime, skip the gmake and just do the "gmake install-conf" since
that is really the point of this step; you do not want to create new
certificates at this point.

> I don't know why this is, in particular, whether:
> (a) It is correct for me to be trying to run this step at this
>    time, but something is misconfigured in my testbed.

What you are doing is supported and should work. Proceed as outlined
above, and lets see how it goes.

Lbs