Re: [Testbed-admins] Linux MFS - grub2 issues

* Jos De Graeve <Jos.DeGraeve@intec.ugent.be> [100602 09:04]:
> Hi,
>
> I am installing the Linux MFS and grub2 onto our testbed and am
> experiencing some issues.
>
> I got grub2 working fine with PXE but it does not want to boot our
> default image.  The default image contains a Debian 5.0 with the older
> grub bootloader.  Grub2 boots the image with the chainloader, the
> "local" grub instance inside the image launches and boots its default
> kernel.  As soon as the kernel starts booting, (and starts probing EDD)
> it halts.  When booting the node directly from disk, bypassing the pxe
> grub, the kernel loads fine.

Sorry, a few more questions:

- What kernel version are you using?

- Have you been able to chain boot using pxeboot instead of grub?  If
  so, it might help me narrow down the cause of the problem.

- What kind of machine are you running this on (make/model/BIOS
  version)?

Thanks.