[Testbed-admins] Linux MFS - grub2 issues

Hi,

I am installing the Linux MFS and grub2 onto our testbed and am
experiencing some issues.

I got grub2 working fine with PXE but it does not want to boot our
default image.  The default image contains a Debian 5.0 with the older
grub bootloader.  Grub2 boots the image with the chainloader, the
"local" grub instance inside the image launches and boots its default
kernel.  As soon as the kernel starts booting, (and starts probing EDD)
it halts.  When booting the node directly from disk, bypassing the pxe
grub, the kernel loads fine.

Passing edd=off on the kernel's commandline argument seems to fix this
problem, but is there any another workaround known ?

Grub2 also seems to have problems booting WinXP images :(

Another problem is with the Linux MFS IPOD.  It does not seem to like
the packets send from our boss server:  "IPOD: from 10.0.174.1 rejected"

Compairing the hash value in the database and in
"/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ipod_key" reveal no differences.  Any hints here ?
We are running the code from "testbed-070517", version: 4.120.

Thanks,
Jos De Graeve