[Testbed-admins] Too many links of type ethernet!

Hi Group,

thanks for your work on emulab.

I’m planning to build up an environment with 80 nodes each running 2 x Core 2 Quad. To get a feeling of how things work with an emulab, I setup an account at emulab.net and tried some experiments.

What I’m especially interested in are virtual nodes as we plan to emulate topologies with up to thousands of (virtual) nodes with up to ten links per node. I’ve seen that emulab maps veth interfaces to physical interfaces one-by-one. This limits scaling dramatically. Is it possible to declare a link to use vlan-tags and let the switch configure multiple vlans on a single port, so we can use, let’s say 100 virtual interfaces on 5 physical network interfaces?

Best regards,

Sebastian

----

Sebastian Spies