Re: [Testbed-admins] network drivers in freebsd.newnode MFS?

The good news is that FreeBSD 7 works for everything you list below.

The bad news is that we haven't made a release that contains it.
However, if you have access to the Emulab git repository, you can get
everything that is needed.

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 01:31:42PM +0200, Zdravko Bozakov wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> we are facing a similar problem: we are currently planing the setup of a
> local Emulab testbed, and have ordered Supermicro servers with Intel ET
> NICs with the 82567 chipset, which requires the igb driver. As far as we
> can tell this driver cannot be compiled under FreeBSD 6.3. (As a side
> note: 6.3 also generates a very high interrupt rate on Int19 when idle
> on our hardware).
>
> We were able to get the Intel cards running on FeeBSD 7.2, which also
> solved our interrupt problem. So I guess the question is what the
> options or challenges are for upgrading the Emulab software components
> to a newer FreeBSD version (>=7.2):
>
> * delay nodes (FreeBSD 4.10)

Our current FBSD72-STD images support operation as delay nodes.  However,
we have not done any in-depth measurement of the fidelity.  This did require
some changes to the client-side Emulab setup code.

> * Emulab software 5.0 for Boss/OPs (FreeBSD 6.3)

The current source tree supports setup of a FreeBSD 7.2 based boss/ops,
but only in 32-bit mode.

> * MFSes (FreeBSD 6.2)

This you can download today:

http://www.emulab.net/downloads/tftpboot-100317.tar.gz

has frisbee, freebsd, and freebsd.newnode MFSes with 7.2 kernels.