Re: [Testbed-admins] network drivers in freebsd.newnode MFS?

Hello all,

we are facing a similar problem: we are currently planing the setup of a local Emulab testbed, and have ordered Supermicro servers with Intel ET NICs with the 82567 chipset, which requires the igb driver. As far as we can tell this driver cannot be compiled under FreeBSD 6.3. (As a side note: 6.3 also generates a very high interrupt rate on Int19 when idle on our hardware).

We were able to get the Intel cards running on FeeBSD 7.2, which also solved our interrupt problem. So I guess the question is what the options or challenges are for upgrading the Emulab software components to a newer FreeBSD version (>=7.2):

* delay nodes (FreeBSD 4.10)
* Emulab software 5.0 for Boss/OPs (FreeBSD 6.3)
* MFSes (FreeBSD 6.2)

I assume that others have faced similar difficulties with newer hardware, and would be very interested in any ideas/solutions/pointers. Where needed/possible we would like to contribute to getting things working.

Best regards,
Zdravko