Re: [Testbed-admins] Request a specific interface type?

Robert P Ricci wrote:
Thus spake Jonathan Walsh on Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 03:04:44PM -0500:
This is very close to what I need. Unfortunately both sides of the lan/link have different interface types. Is there a way to specify this for one side rather than both?

Unfortunately, no. And this reaches pretty deep, so there's no quick way
to change this.

That was my impression from looking at the code, but I figured I would check anyway.

The only workaround that I can think of is this: if a) the weird
interfaces are on a specific pc type and b) the weird interfaces are all
named the same (eg. they're all 'eth0' or 'eth2' or something in the
interfaces table), then you could request the PC type for the weird
node, and use tb-fix-interface to make sure you get the right interface.
(Note that you don't have to fix the node to fix the interface - this is
why they all have to have the same name.) If only some of the PCs of
that type have the weird interfaces, you could use features and desires
to mark which nodes have them, to make sure that the experimenter gets
one of them.

Yes this will work perfectly for what I need. They are actually already all named constantly something differently anyway.

Thanks!
-Jonathan