Re: [Testbed-admins] Request a specific interface type?

Rob,

This is very close to what I need. Unfortunately both sides of the lan/link have different interface types. Is there a way to specify this for one side rather than both?

If I do this in my NS file:

set weirdnode [$ns node]  #has nic with type foo
set normalnode [$ns node] #does not
set mylink [$ns duplex-link $weirdnode $normalnode ...
tb-set-link-protocol $mylink ethernet-foo

I get the error:

No possible mapping for normalnode
No links of type ethernet-foo found! (1 Requested)

Which makes sense since it does not have that interface type available.

-Jonathan

Robert P Ricci wrote:
There is, actually.

For Ethernet interfaces, we give the link the type 'ethernet', but also
'ethernet-fxp', 'ethernet-em', etc.: whatever type you gave the
interface in the database. So, they can use confusingly-named
tb-set-link-protocol command (or tb-set-lan-protocol for LANs):

    tb-set-link-protocol $mylink ethernet-fxp

Thus spake Jonathan Walsh on Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 11:48:13AM -0500:
Is there currently a way for an experimenter to request a specific interface type on a node? I don't see anything obvious in the documentation about a way to do this, is there perhaps a hack way I can get it done?

Thanks!
-Jonathan