Re: [Testbed-admins] Is there any one successfully utilized Cisco 2960 switch with Emulab software?

I am running 2960s.  I updated the list on the wiki.

I didn't bother getting the autonode adding feature working since I was only adding a dozen or so machines. I sent in a small patch a while ago to get the port setting stuff working. Basically it was a mismatch between how the switch refers to its ports in various SNMP calls.

-Jonathan

Robert P Ricci wrote:
That list is out of date, we do have someone (I forget who...) who runs
on 2960s.

Thus spake chunhui Zhang(Evan) on Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 12:58:30PM -0400:
Hi,

    We are trying to buy a Emulab supported Cisco switch here. We looked at
the 2950 first, but this switch just have two ports with gigbit capbility
which is not satisfiable.

And the Model 2960 could have more gigabit ports. However, this model is not
in list here.
http://users.emulab.net/trac/emulab/wiki/install/prerequisites.html

A little bit worried about this switch and want to make sure whether this
model will work or highly possible will work.

Thank you very much!

Chunhui Zhang (Evan)
GENI Intern at BBN