Re: [Testbed-admins] problem adding the first non-admin user in Emulab 5.0

The newest version of the Emulab SW does not allow users who are not admins be in the same projects as users who are admins. If I recall correctly the reason for this was it would allow non-admins to get admin keys, etc.

-Jonathan

Elkins, Michael wrote:
I’m running into a problem with trying to add the first non-admin user created via the “Join Project” link on the web interface in Emulab 5.0.

First, I see this email sent to testbed-ops:

            Subject: WEB ERROR REPORT

            In /joinproject.php3

            New user 'testuser' attempted to join project 'xxx'

            which would create a mix of admin and non-admin users

            Thanks,

            Testbed WWW

After the user verifies the email address via the web interface, I get this email:

tbacct verify testuser

Invoked by nobody (Unprivileged user)

--------- /tmp/tbacct.VrJ3Nv --------

No group membership for testuser; using the guest group!

At this point when the project_root for the project goes to approve users, the web interface says there are no users awaiting approval. However, I do see a user waiting when I look at the mysql database:

mysql> select uid,status from users;

+----------+------------+

| uid      | status     |

+----------+------------+

| elabman  | active     |

| elabckup | active     |

| melkins  | active     |

| testuser | unapproved |

4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

This is a fresh install of the emulab-080901 software.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael