[Testbed-admins] problem adding the first non-admin user in Emulab 5.0

Title: problem adding the first non-admin user in Emulab 5.0

Im running into a problem with trying to add the first non-admin user created via the Join Project link on the web interface in Emulab 5.0.

First, I see this email sent to testbed-ops:

After the user verifies the email address via the web interface, I get this email:

tbacct verify testuser

Invoked by nobody (Unprivileged user)

--------- /tmp/tbacct.VrJ3Nv --------

No group membership for testuser; using the guest group!

At this point when the project_root for the project goes to approve users, the web interface says there are no users awaiting approval.  However, I do see a user waiting when I look at the mysql database:

mysql> select uid,status from users;

+----------+------------+

| uid      | status     |

+----------+------------+

| elabman  | active     |

| elabckup | active     |

| melkins  | active     |

| testuser | unapproved |

4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

This is a fresh install of the emulab-080901 software.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael