Re: [Testbed-admins] "add new nodes" and switchmac questions about configuration.

Yeah, I think sorting out the control net issue, as suggested by
Michael, should fix your problems.

One of the things that we do when filling in tables with the MACs found
by switchmac is to pay attention to the control vs. experimental switch
distinction. That is, if we see a MAC that, according to the database,
belongs to a control-net interface on an experimental-net switch, then
we ignore it. The reason for doing this is that if you have a connection
(trunk, etc.) between the control net and experimental net, MACs from
one might end up getting learned on the other, and this would be a big
as far as filling in the tables goes.

So, once you get your control net issue sorted out, you should be able
to 'Search switch ports' again and have the ports filled in correctly.

Thus spake Ben Burnett on Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 08:07:13PM -0500: