Re: [Testbed-admins] Getting test nodes to get assigned IP's in a specific range

When you boot up your first node (pc1) you should give it a starting ip .. The emulab software will figure out the ips for the next nodes from the node id (pc2, pc3 etc). What do you mean by DHCP range is temporary? The permanent IPs correspond to the control network IPs which need to be permanent.

Adit

Ben Burnett wrote:
My testbed nodes are getting permanent IPs in a range that will overlap my boss, ops and other control network hardware. Is there a setting someplace to tell boss where to start in assigning these? the DHCP range is set, but those are temporary, I'm looking for the setting for the permanent IPs.

Thanks,
--Ben

Ben Burnett R&D Software Engineer: wired, wireless, ad hoc, mesh networking,
   network monitoring and data visualization
 ATC (Architecture Technology Corporation)   http://www.atcorp.com/
bburnett@atcorp.com <mailto:bburnett@atcorp.com> (952) 829-5864 x167
 --------Views expressed are mine and not those of ATC--------
 Personal: