Re: [Testbed-admins] Unable to create Project by current user

Thus spake Adit Ranadive on Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:00:13PM -0400:
> Hmm .. Looks like the boss-install didnt create the /tftpboot/proj dir.
> Currently I did a workaround where I commented out the part in
> /usr/testbed/sbin/mkproj script which
> creates the /tftpboot/proj/foo directories.
> Is there a particular reason for the /tftpboot/proj dirs? It does say
> for oskit in the comments.
> Ive created project after this and experiments which seem to have worked.

Nah, 99% of users will never need this. This is basically so that users
can boot kernels directly from the network instead of from the disk.
Users generally don't do this.

I don't remember, did you have any particular problem with boss-install
when you ran it? It does have code in it to make that directory...

> I fixed the switch problem by commenting out that port control code and
> had to remove previously created
> VLANs (from an earlier netlab instance) which then allowed the scripts
> to create the new VLANs.

Okay. I'll still try to take a look to see if I can figure out why the
speed-setting code wasn't working.

--