port 0 -> 1 and 2 -> 3, to run the selftest?

Mike

David M. Johnson wrote:
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:27:45AM -0700, Harley S Green wrote:
I have them installed in existing pc nodes and downloaded the image to customize, but I would appreciate any pointers on how to set them up in the database.

One more relevant bit of mail.  You need to add the netfpgas as "subnodes" as
described below...

From: "David M. Johnson" <johnsond@flux.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:31:05 -0700
To: Michael Blodgett <mblodget@cs.wisc.edu>
Cc: Emulab-derived testbed admins/operators <testbed-admins@flux.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: [Testbed-admins] netfpga/ixp

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:53:18AM -0600, Michael Blodgett wrote:
I was wondering how the NetFPGA or IXP cards are setup at Utah, I'm
looking at integrating our DAG cards into the testbed (separate from the
protogeni work),  I'm pretty familiar with how to manually put a node in
the database, but unclear on how the child-parent node relationship is
configured?

The "subnode abstraction" is pretty simple. It works well for network devices (i.e., with ports and wires) hosted inside existing Emulab nodes. To add one, here's what you need to do:

  * add a node type for the subnodes (and in creating the type, make sure to
    set the 'issubnode' field to 1)
  * add the subnodes themselves, manually, adding any necessary
    interface_types,
    interfaces, and wires entries for each subnode, just like you would for a
    regular elab node
  * for each subnode, set the 'phys_nodeid' field in the nodes table to the
    node_id of the elab node that hosts it
  * write a client side script that configures the node (take a look at
testbed/tmcd/linux/netfpgactl and you will get the idea; also, if you need to add a command to tmcd to get more config info than just the regular
    ifconfig output (i.e., interfaces and their IP config info), look at
dosubconfig and doixpconfig in testbed/tmcd/tmcd.c as examples, and maybe testbed/tmcd/linux/ixpboot).

Hopefully that will do it...