Re: [csmith-dev] New CMake-Based Build System

I figured out the problem is a windows specific tweak for runtime libraries. I fixed the problem according to suggestions in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14990343/cmake-error-targets-given-no-library-destination-for-shared-library-target.

The fixed is pushed. But there are still problems preventing the generated .vcxproj from building in Visual Studio. That's because of the random generator functions such as srand48 (which is defined in runtime\windows\sran48.c). We should include these files in the windows project.

-Xuejun

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 9:55 PM, Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu> wrote:
Xuejun Yang <nitsnow@gmail.com> writes:

> I just tried out on windows. Here are a couple of problems I found so far:
> It asks for 'm4' to be installed. I am not sure whether it is actually
> required on windows. So I commented it out.

Yes, m4 is required on all platforms.  This is not a change from the previous
Autoconf-based system.

I agree that requiring m4 on Windows (or anywhere for that matter!) is not a
great idea, but that's how it works and I haven't changed it.  Future work.

> And then I got:
> CMake Error at runtime/CMakeLists.txt:72 (install):
> install Library TARGETS given no DESTINATION!

This sounds like a symptom of commenting out the line that looks for m4.

> P.S. I installed m4 on windows, and am stilling get the 2nd error.

Did you uncomment the line that locates m4?

You might also try rerunning CMake in a fresh build tree, after having
installed m4.  Does the output of CMake show that it finds m4?  If not, what
does it say?

Thanks for trying this out!

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing