Re: [csmith-dev] c++11

> On Apr 3, 2016, at 4:12 AM, John Regehr <regehr@cs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi folks, is there a reason we shouldn't start allowing C++11 in Csmith?  Recent versions of GCC, Clang, and MSVC++ appear to support every C++11 feature we might conceivably want.
>
> John

Hi John,

Here's the situation on openbsd:
- the system compiler is gcc 4.2.1 (last gpl2 release) with local tweaks.
- gcc 4.9 is available as a package
- llvm 3.7.1 is available as a package (built using gcc 4.9)

At the moment we're using the system compiler to compile csmith which is very quick. I wouldn't be against using the gcc 4.9 package to build csmith though. Does this version of gcc meet the c11 requirements you have in mind? We don't currently have newer gcc than 4.9 available...

If possible I'd prefer not to require llvm to compile csmith as it will mean csmith has a build dependency on building 2 compilers.

Daniel