Re: [csmith-dev] c++11

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 5:24 AM, Derek M Jones <derek@knosof.co.uk> wrote:
John,

You may decide that you are more interested than the research side
of things than the community, that is your call.

There's no research at stake here, it's a software engineering issue,
and as I said I'm happy to compromise on it.

Using features from a relatively new standard, especially one that has
added so much and has so much uncertainty around it, is never a good
idea from the software engineering perspective.

FWIW, The LLVM Project switched to C++11 (or the subset supported by a variety of compilers (Clang, GCC, and MSVC) with a horizon of about a couple of years ( http://llvm.org/docs/CodingStandards.html#supported-c-11-language-and-library-features ). Seems to be doing OK so far.

--
Derek M. Jones           Software analysis
tel: +44 (0)1252 520667  blog:shape-of-code.coding-guidelines.com