Re: [csmith-dev] Checksum, different options

Paulo, sounds great, please let us know how it goes.

John

On 09/12/2011 09:17 AM, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
On 12/09/11 16:10, John Regehr wrote:
Hi Paulo,

Pascal's suggestions are all excellent.

The problem that you now face is testcase reduction. You can approach
this by hand (and I recommend that you do this for the first few bugs)
but there are also partially automated solutions:

http://delta.tigris.org/

Thanks for the suggestion, John! I am already using delta.

The key is that you need to run a tool like Pascal's or Chucky's inside
the Delta test script. Otherwise, undefined behavior is almost always
added by Delta.

The Delta test scripts that I personally use have gotten pretty baroque,
unfortunately. They look for a lot of compiler warnings, run Valgrind,
and as a last resort run a more expensive tool like KCC/Frama-C.

However, I am not using KCC or Frama-C, or valgrind.
My delta script just checks in the compiler succeds to compile and
executable returns the expected checksums.

The reason why I asked Pascal about using Frama-C was exactly with the
intent to integrate it into my test case reduction scripts.

Cheers,