Re: [csmith-dev] My first little updates

On May 7, 2011, at 12:25 AM, Eric Eide wrote:

>> From what compiler/options do you get the const warnings that you are fixing?

g++  The options I was using are stolen from what I set up on Parrot for building with my version of g++.  Basically, almost everything that g++ supports, minus a few that generate warnings that Parrot is not interested in.

-W -Wall -Waggregate-return -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -Wchar-subscripts -Wcomment -Wdisabled-optimization -Wdiv-by-zero -Wenum-compare -Wendif-labels -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-extra-args -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wformat-y2k -Wimport -Winit-self -Winline -Winvalid-pch -Wlogical-op -Wmissing-braces -Wmissing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-format-attribute -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wmultichar -Wpacked -Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -Wsequence-point -Wsign-compare -Wstrict-aliasing -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Wswitch -Wswitch-default -Wtrigraphs -Wundef -Wno-unused -Wunknown-pragmas -Wvariadic-macros -Wwrite-strings -fvisibility=hidden -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Wformat=2 -Wlarger-than-4096 -Wlong-long -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wdeprecated-declarations -Wno-format-extra-args -Wno-import -Wsuggest-attribute=const -Wsuggest-attribute=noreturn -Wsuggest-attribute=pure -Wunreachable-code -Wunused -Wunused-function -Wunused-label -Wunused-value -Wunused-variable

Not all of those are valid on g++, and I had to prune some out, and some may not be in your version of g++.  In Parrot, I set up a system to test a list of possible GCC/G++ compiler options against whatever you have installed and use whatever it possibly can.  Would you be interested in something similar for csmith?

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => andy@petdance.com => www.techworklove.com => AIM:petdance