Re: [creduce-dev] [RFC] Switching from Perl to Python

Martin Liška <mliska@suse.cz> writes:

> Another more than 2 years are over and I see the upstream project is not in
> good shape.  Last release was done more than year ago and since that the
> current master can't be built with any of latest LLVM releases (9 and 10)
> (#193 and #203). And I feel that many of pull request are stuck as well
> (including my #197).

Without addressing the actual subject of your email --- Perl vs. Python --- let
me say that my plan is to make releases of C-Reduce that support LLVM 9 and
LLVM 10.  I want to do this soon.  I agree with your implicit message that
these releases are overdue.

My time to work on this has been limited recently, due to both "regular" work
on other projects and "extraordinary" work related to recent world events.
Still, it is my plan.

It is not accurate to say that the current development head cannot be built
with LLVM 9.  There is a problem building C-Reduce with the standard llvm9
packages on openSUSE Tumbleweed (issue #193).  In many other circumstances, the
current development head works fine with LLVM 9.

Thanks ---

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX