Re: [creduce-dev] C-Reduce Script for an OpenGL program

> If you're running creduce on a single .c file that contains your whole
> program, are you sure creduce won't change the code in such a way that
> the window doesn't get created with the string you're passing it? You
> might be able to confirm by inspecting the runaway processes.

> Try running ./a.out itself with 'timeout'? I see you're using it for
> the xdotool search.

Thanks Vegard. Adding a timeout of 3s to ./a.out did seem to go well. I gave
it about 4 or 5 days, but eventually lost patience after a day or so of
"pass_lines". (The preprocessed cpp file was 302211 lines btw.)

There were still some interestingness timeouts, which I don't understand, but
it was really taking too long, so I just stopped it. I was still only running this as
a test - my plan was to run it one more time, but I would need to improve the
speed of the script, and eliminate the interestingness timeouts.

Is it possible to save each cpp file (and exe) which produces an interestingness
timeout?

(66.4 %, 2996170 bytes)
(Interestingness test killed by timeout at 300 seconds.)
===< pass_lines :: 1 >===
===< pass_lines :: 2 >===
(Interestingness test killed by timeout at 300 seconds.)
===< pass_lines :: 3 >===
===< pass_lines :: 4 >===
===< pass_lines :: 6 >===
(Interestingness test killed by timeout at 300 seconds.)
===< pass_lines :: 8 >===

> You can also put a 'kill -9 %1' or something for good measure after
> you've done the xdotool windowkill.

> Vegard

Paul

Please consider the environment and think before you print.

The University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity. Charity number SC002520.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University of the West of Scotland.

As a public body, the University of the West of Scotland may be required to make available emails as well as other written forms of information as a result of a request made under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.