Re: [creduce-dev] C-Reduce Script for an OpenGL program

On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 at 14:54, Paul Keir <Paul.Keir@uws.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Well, you start ./a.out in background and neither wait, nor kill it. Of course it will continue running afterwards.
>
> I do kill it. Each a.out is given a different string argument which it uses to name the window it creates. xdotool then uses search to find the X window identifier, stored in $WINDOW, which is provided to xdotool windowkill. This makes sense, and trying test.sh in a fresh directory works fine - I see the window pop up momentarily, and disappear. I also see this while I stand watching the start of my creduce session.

If you're running creduce on a single .c file that contains your whole
program, are you sure creduce won't change the code in such a way that
the window doesn't get created with the string you're passing it? You
might be able to confirm by inspecting the runaway processes.

Try running ./a.out itself with 'timeout'? I see you're using it for
the xdotool search.

You can also put a 'kill -9 %1' or something for good measure after
you've done the xdotool windowkill.

Vegard