Re: [creduce-dev] Need help - creduce set up issue

Hi John,

Sorry for trouble. I might be asking stupid questions as i am learning .

Machine on which i am building creduce 2.2 : Ubuntu 12.04 .
built clang 3.5 on Ubuntu 12.04
I am using creduce 2.2 which is inlined with llvm3.5 .

I understand this is old version of creduce and won't be any support . I am just trying to get feel of how creduce is reducing the test cases .  This exercise i am doing is just for set up purpose to make sure everything is fine . Then later i am planning to move llvm3.7 and creduce latest version .

Regarding issue :
/workspace/yudhistir/git-repo/tools/llvm/build/install/bin/ld: this
linker was not configured to use sysroots

I put "install/bin" and llvm3.5 source path in the PATH variable in shell .

Now i removed those stuffs and ran below command in creduce 2.2 directory

./configure --with-llvm=/workspace/yudhistir/git-repo/tools/llvm/build/install/bin

and i see below error

FYI... I used this built llvm/clang 3.5 for csmith testing on pandaboard and its working fine .But while checking the configuration for creduce , it is throwing error for not able to compile and link the test prog as in the error snip .

Error snip
: (config.log)
configure:15234: result: /workspace/tyreddy/git-repo/tools/llvm/build/install/bin/llvm-config
configure:15247: checking for LLVM version
configure:15250: result: 3.5.0svn
configure:15321: checking can compile with and link with LLVM(engine)
configure:15347: g++ -o conftest -g -O2  -I/workspace/yudhistir/git-repo/tools/llvm/build/install/include  -fPIC -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-field-initializers  -Wno-long-long -Wcovered-switch-default -Wnon-virtual-dtor -std=c++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -O3 -DNDEBUG  -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  conftest.cpp  -lLLVMX86Disassembler -lLLVMX86AsmParser -lLLVMX86CodeGen -lLLVMSelectionDAG -lLLVMAsmPrinter -lLLVMX86Desc -lLLVMObject -lLLVMMCParser -lLLVMBitReader -lLLVMX86Info -lLLVMX86AsmPrinter -lLLVMX86Utils -lLLVMJIT -lLLVMExecutionEngine -lLLVMCodeGen -lLLVMScalarOpts -lLLVMInstCombine -lLLVMTransformUtils -lLLVMipa -lLLVMAnalysis -lLLVMTarget -lLLVMMC -lLLVMCore -lLLVMSupport -L/workspace/tyreddy/git-repo/tools/llvm/build/install/lib  -lrt -ldl -ltinfo -lpthread -lz >&5
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option '-Wcovered-switch-default'
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option '-std=c++11'
configure:15347: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "creduce"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "creduce"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "2.2.2"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "creduce 2.2.2"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "creduce-bugs@flux.utah.edu"
| #define PACKAGE_URL "http://embed.cs.utah.edu/creduce/"
| #define PACKAGE "creduce"
| #define VERSION "2.2.2"
| #define STDC_HEADERS 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRING_H 1
| #define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
| #define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
| #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
| #define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
| #define LT_OBJDIR ".libs/"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
|         #include <llvm/IR/LLVMContext.h>
| #include <llvm/IR/Module.h>
| int
| main ()
| {
| llvm::LLVMContext context;
| llvm::Module *M = new llvm::Module("test", context);
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:15362: result: no
configure:15370: error: in `/workspace/yudhistir/git-repo/creduce':
configure:15372: error: cannot compile and link test program with selected LLVM
See `config.log' for more details

Any help on this much appreciated .

Regards
Yudhistir

/workspace/yudhistir/git-repo/tools/llvm/build/install/bin/ld: this
linker was not configured to use sysroots

This isn't one I've seen before.

Yudhistir, I don't think you mentioned which platform you are building on, that is basic information we need before helping you.

Also, if you're going to build C-Reduce, you might as well build the latest version, not 2.2.  Although we can help with 2.2 we're not any longer going to fixing bugs in it, if you run into some.

John