Re: [creduce-dev] libedit-dev not listed in INSTALL file

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu> wrote:
I've added a comment about this to the INSTALL file.  Can you check the comment
to make sure it's adequate?

https://github.com/csmith-project/creduce/commit/1be44f0a55b0d59601230875a3aad083af3150cb

package libedit-dev:
- depends on libtinfo-dev and libedit2
- provides symlink libedit.so to libedit.so.2
package libedit2:
- depends on libtinfo5
- provides file libedit.so.2
package libtinfo-dev:
- depends on libtinfo5
- provides symlink libtinfo.so to libtinfo.so.5
package libtinfo5:
- provides file libtinfo.so.5

From llvm-config --system-libs (-lz -lpthread -ledit -ltinfo -ldl -lm) I need libedit.so and libtinfo.so. These symlinks are provided by the *-dev packages only. So I would replace the "apt-get install libedit2 libtinfo5" in the commit by "apt-get install libedit-dev" (libtinfo-dev is a dependence of libedit-dev).

Thanks for the commit!