Re: NYC Pet Rescues

>Hunter is doing great, went bird hunting last week and flushed out several
>chuckers and retrieved two.  Quite the birdie boy.  Had to up his food
>because he spend hours on end chasing a pair of swollows in circles out in
>the field, he was getting to skinny.  Muscles are big and strong though.
>
>Thanks
>Carol

Still looking for addresses in my in box for where to send supplies see
private post marked Stuff...

But great to hear from Hunter as well.  Some of you may know Carol and
Hunter some may not, Hunter is from the Moon litter and is our local "field
dog" from a real SHOW breeding:  Scarlette to Triple.  Hunter is one of the
very best examples of a multipurpose dog there is.  Not only can he chew up
a great Barbie he also flushes ground nesting birds!  This is not an easy
feat [flushing ground nesting birds that is] since ground nesting birds do
not have a very heavy sent, part of their defence..

   Chuckers used at hunt tests always bring a worry to the handlers, as not
only do they not have a very heavy sent they are very small, one gulp and
they are gone, and that means no leg on your title... Lab people really
frown when they see the chucker come out.

Gina