From: owner-brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu [mailto:owner-brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu]On Behalf Of Gina Heitz
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 5:15 PM
To: brierpups@fast.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: leash

At 02:03 PM 9/5/01 -0700, you wrote:
Hi
I introduced Katie to a leash today - my "plan" was to follow her around the yard with it on.  Well Katie did one of two things - either chew on it or sit still and not move.  Any suggestions?  Also are "beef backstraps" an ok chew thing?  Hope all pups and parents are doing well.
Peggy

Hi Peggy,

Just let her drag the leash around, sit on it, chew on it, it's all new and well relax a bit... <very Big grin>  She is only 8.5 weeks old!!!!

 Don't know what beef backstraps are?  Carrots, apples, grapes, just about any veggies and fruits are great treats.  Personally I do not give my dogs "dog treats" processed treats minus dog cookies: Milkbone, that sort of thing.  I think the "treats" processed for dogs are for the most part garbage. Cheerios, Graham crackers, are good treats.  I think Lori' Bogey will do just about anything for a Graham cracker...

Other seasoned treat pro's out there????

Gina