Re: new photo' & SeaJay/TRiX

>Lucy's pics are great.  How did the breeder get
>them all to sit still for the picture---super glue?
>Are you going to try a group shot, Gina ; )?

I knew this one was coming!!!!  Lori:  NO! <grin>

No beach today, long story but the dogs are not getting in until this
eve.  They got bumped off of the flight last night at the last minute due
to the flight originating in Fairbanks and the staff there accepting un
booked pets as baggage.  The silver lining to this is that our weather here
has cooled off but due to my ability to communicate with the powers to be
SeaJay and TRiX will be shuttled from the plane to the pick up destination
via air conditioned van, and the cost of their flight was waved...

Sherry unfortunately was the one really inconvienced as here is how the
evening for her played out:  She had the dogs to the terminal at 11:45 PM
as requested, the flight departed at 1:23 AM with out SeaJay and TRiX, she
was called at 2:04 AM told to come pick up the dogs.  At 4:00 AM our time,
3:00 Am her time, Sherry called me on her way home from picking up the
dogs. I did not get any more sleep and doubt Sherry did either.  She is at
work today only to have to take time off to get the dogs to the airport
this afternoon...

The funny thing was:  Sherry told me that last night when she went to load
the dogs into her van to go to the airport, SeaJay refused to get in his
crate.  Very unlike him you know...  I think he just thought they were
going to another dog show and he has had all of that he cares to for a
while...  Sherry thinks he is clairvoyant and knew the flight was a no go. :-)

At any rate one reason to share this story is to alert everyone to the
possibility of snafu's with regards to air travel with pets, but that the
airlines do care and at least Alaska Air does do what ever is in their
power to make things right.  Alaska Air did offer to kennel the dogs and
take responsibility for them until such time as we could get them
home.  This was unnecessary but still very much appreciated on this end, as
what if???   Not to say we were not upset and well you all know what a B I
can be, <grin>....

In addition to note, Alaska Air is working on a program that will stream
line some of this, making shipping of animals less of an ordeal with some
new exciting programs, to include btw frequent dog flyer miles!!!  I have
offered to help with this project as a volunteer as well.  Anyway new beach
trip for SeaJay and TRiX:  Thursday...

Gina