Re: Two Trick Pony (Sophie's CD -NOT)

Hi Peggy!

Proofing is setting up a training situation where you KNOW (for example) that
the dog will break the sit and then putting her back into the sit position and
helping her understand for SURE that you are requiring her to sit/stay until you
tell her she's released. It's not fair to correct her until you know she
understands the command and what's required of her.

For example, a wonderful proofing exercise is to put them in a sit/stay and roll
a tennis ball across the floor in front of them. Or send the cat through the
line... or having someone besides you tell them to 'down' when they are on a sit
stay is a great proofing exercise.

Great question Peggy!
Deb