Next up Canada

Don't know who on this list will totally understand this but thought I
would share it...  Angel Shipman also has a very good shot at finishing her
Canadian CH at these shows too!  She as you all may have figured out has
more points than SeaJay in AKC and one of her majors out of the way as of
this weekend.  It takes a total of 15 points with two majors to put on the
AKC CH. title.  The AKC CH is the hardest one to achieve in conformation,
with CKC [Canada] being the second and UCI bringing up at 3rd and the forum
IIene show's in UKC is like a 2 1/2 as it's harder than UCI  Rocket has UKC
shows the same weekend that we have the CKC.  There might be a lot of
bragging going on mid June... :-)))   Back to Angel and SeaJay:  Angel is
about a year younger than SeaJay and has 9 total points now, needs another
major and a total of 6 points to finish.  She could easily finish at her
next AKC shows!   SeaJay has 4 points total and no majors yet, his road is
not paved as neatly...

Here is the note on Canada:

Got my conformations for Whitehorse Canada, SeaJay's next adventure:  June
15, 16, 17 he is off for the next couple of weeks and will be going boating
and hiking instead...  Tough summer eh!!!

Here is the break down:  class dogs: 2  class bitches: 6  specials: 2 males
and 0 bitches Sporting group entry:  36 total 10 breeds represented.  Show
entry:  175 total.  Very small shows.  There are two shows each day one in
the AM one in the PM.  He shows at 8:00 AM each morning and again at 1:00
PM.  These are the smallest Canadian shows he has ever been to.  Here in
the NW our Canadian shows just north of the border are normally like 1200
dogs, with the sporting group alone larger than the total show entry noted
here...  Can you say group placing Champion?  I think I can! :-))

Here is what I know:  Don't know who the other class dog is but the two
specials are probably Marcia K.'s boys...   I also know that the judges up
in Canada will cross over the points more so than here with the smaller
entries giving the dog the BOW over a bitch and specials to award the
higher points to the class dog.  Here is the point schedule:

Class points:

1 dog 0 points,  2 dogs 1 point, 3 to 5 dogs 2 points, 6 to 9 dogs 3
points, don't need to go beyond here...

Group points:

Group fist:  6 to 9 dogs in the group is 3 points.  Group 2: 2 points,
Group 3 and 4: 1 point. At group the points are additional up to 5 in one
show.  So if a dog gets 3 at class level and goes group 1 he only gets 5
total not 6 in a day.

So with one BOW he finishes and moves up to Specials.  He only needs 3
points to finish, there is 3 points in bitches.

The group might not be so easy as here are the breeds in the sporting group:

4 Chessie'

10 GR's

7 Lab's

1 English Setter [given BOB]