Re: DiTTo- SeaJay

At 09:59 AM 5/25/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Gina,
>
>BeauTTiful!!!  Thanks for the pics.
>How is SeaJay faring in AK?
>Keep us posted please!
>
>Lori

Hi Lori and All,

SeaJay is great, he went hiking last weekend and this weekend he's in
Fairbanks with Sherry, Linda and Perry Shipman, Angel Shipman, Iris Shipman
(?) Rebecca and Betta and anyone else I missed...  They all show tomorrow
in the morning but we probably won't get any news until evening on what
happened.

   My hopes are for Angel to go Winners Bitch, SeaJay to go Winners Dog and
Angel can go Best of Breed if we can go BOW! :-)   If she doesn't go BOB we
want it..  With Winners Bitch Angel will get a major the only chance SeaJay
has at a major is BOW, or BOB.  The dog that goes BOB will go on to group
to represent the golden in the sporting group which is what you all see on
West Minster each year on TV.  Ring time is 10:00 AM and there are 8 dogs
10 bitches in the classes, 5 dog specials and 2 bitch specials, these are
finished champions competing for national standings and Show Dog Hall Of
Fame.  Not always but most of the time it is a Special that goes to the
group, via BOB, as at the group level is where the specials compete for
points toward their SDHF and national rankings.

Sort of interesting about dogs shows is that the judges know if there is a
major in one sex and not in another and often they will take this into
consideration when awarding the Best of Winners and the Best of Opposite
Sex.  Like in this case, there is a 3 point major in bitches but only 2
points in dogs, no major so...  Think Go Angel and Go SeaJay!  Saturday,
Sunday and Monday!

Gina