Re: One Litter Questions

Hi Katerina,

Hugs to Sam!  The reason Sam and other Brier pup's eat "strange" foods is
because they are smart! <smile>  They know whole foods are goo for
them...  Actually this is partly due to the fact that they are goldens and
goldens will eat ANYTHING, and in part due to they were fed this way right
from the get go here, ie fed a raw diet that included raw fruits and
veggies.  In jest:  What's strange about eating  anything your human offers
you?  tee hee... It's purely a golden thing!!!

Thanks for the weight update and your vet's notation on growth and so forth
too.  You do best your odds at soundness with slow growth but just so you
all know, there are no absolutes.  Even dogs fed properly, good kibble
or  raw can have orto problems, most orto problems are genetic by nature
and while we always hope for health no one has any control over what
happens genetically with each dog.  It's always possible that even the
healthiest of litters from even the most careful of breeders can have
problems.  Of course as you all know in breeding we do try our best to only
breed the dogs we feel are besting the odds for their prodigy the rest is
up to nature and to you.

You are ALL doing a great job, except IIene... Ha Ha Ha... Have not picked
on IIene in a while, she is due...  Just kidding IIene!!!

Best,

Gina