Flea control

Hi All,

I got a note stating that my note on requirements here at Brier for flea
control while boarding was well strong...  I apologize if I offended anyone
else, however I thought  that I actually did take the time to give a fairly
comprehensive explanation.  I do have the flu and perhaps my tone was not
as bubbly as normal.  I did stick at least one <smile> in there... <grin>

In any event, as I said in my original post:

 >>  With spring here so are the flea's. We may not see them and or unless
you have an infestation will you even notice flea's on your pets. Fleas do
not live on your pets, they jump on have a blood meal and jump off, nest
and reproduce in the environment. For this reason, It is a requirement that
any dog coming here to stay be treated with either Frontline or Advantage.
While the other flea products are good as Janet points out I have way to
many dogs <smile> and a large property. I can not risk flea's. I take the
same precautions that I ask you to, and ask that you respect my wishes here
and my experience. This is and issue I refuse to be flexible on over all in
general. Speak to me privately if you have issues wit this policy.<<

Please, understand this is not an attempt to control you or what you do
with your pets, but simply an attempt at protection  for my pets and well
as others who may be affected as visitors.

In addition I did put a post out on Capstar to a larger list I belong to,
and have gotten only the one reply so far, that I did send onto this
list.  I also would like to qualify this statement in my pervious post:

 >> . I see a real advantage to Capstar if it is safe, again I am very
prudent with new products so don't discount the product based on this, but
rather ask questions and PLEASE report back.<<

I am not saying don't use Capstar, I am simply saying it is new and that
*I* personally tend to hang back on new products with regard to use with my
beloved pets. I do not feel that some products are tested fully before
released and I tend to adopt a better safe than sorry attitude where ever
possible.  Just because a vet endorses a product or a protocol doesn't mean
it can't be questioned, I actually think vet's like to be challenged, the
good ones anyway.  I actually think that they feel a sense of
accomplishment when their clients do ask questions.  As do I as your
breeder, invite debate, and appreciate those who do go beyond to find
solutions and share.

In closing, I am in a position here as mentor on this list, and while I
don't expect everyone to agree with me 100% of the time I am also not going
to NOT make a statement if I feel it is important.  This goes for any and
all list communication. So this now serves as my disclaimer for all future
communication on the list. :-)))

Best,

Gina